Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm banning clothes!!

So don't be jealous, but I'm fat. No, don't send me comments saying how I'm not fat or I'm just womanly (another word for fat a**). My son calls me fluffy - but it is still plain old fat. It is not my body or fat that I have an issue with though. It's CLOTHES. They are the enemy or better yet - the people that manufacture these clothes - so let's take for example the Chinese. Don't you have like 4 sizes in your closet that you can wear? Well, so do I. And each time I go to try on clothes - I have to get a bigger size - but I'm not getting fatter!!! The Chinese are doing this to mess with the Americans - really I think I'm onto something. There is a sweet little Chinese woman laughing so hard her green tea is shooting out her nose right now because she is putting a size 12 on a size 6 pair of jeans. I mean - there is no Regulatory system for this, no Federal Administration on sizing. So you walk into Target and try on your size 12 jeans - and you can't get them past your knees and then you're shopping at Lane Bryant. All because those jeans were really a size 6. And the Chinese know we are all hung up on sizing here. So next thing you know you are joining some health club - probably owned by a Chinese business man, eating green tea and tofu - get the picture. I say we don't stand for this anymore and go Pioneer on them and start making all of our own clothes. Go to Joann's - buy the Montgomery Ward pattern or whatever it is called and start making your own little dresses. Then you can put size 2 on all of them and feel better about yourself telling all of your friends that you are a size 2!!

** The above is intended for comedic purposes only. Margaret has nothing against China, Chinese people, Chinese goods or especially Chinese Food. Especially Egg Rolls.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost peed my pants reading that. Thank you!

My two cents said...

You are so funny. I think it is genetic humor. Why make my main body as round as an apple and give me two stick legs if not for a good laugh.

Love you, Mom

Mark said...

Margaret's new family photo

You crack me up!

Anonymous said...

Who really cares about sizes anyway....when I go to Victoria Secrets to buys my bras, they get confused as to which side is the back from the front....there is nothing wrong with being a minus A!!!!!

Nancy, if you keep reading this, you might need to invest in some depends...I am starting to worry about you:)

Anonymous said...

One more thing.....

Dont Be jealous.....

margaret said...

Funny picture Mark!! : ) Jill - you are cracking me up with the VS story. At least you don't need a B cup for your back fat like I do!! I mean - for crying out loud - couldn't at least my back be fat free! People see me and they don't know if I'm coming or going.

Renee said...

Very funny!

Check out the G@P - they have vanity sizes!