Sunday, November 30, 2008

sugar rush!

Don't be jealous but when Carson and I got home from family fun time with the Powell's at around 10pm last night - I got to clean up a whole bag of sugar that was ALL over my kitchen floor. And just FYI - sugar is not that easy to clean up. I had the brand new bag of sugar and a bag of chocolate chips out to make cookies today. Yes, you guessed it - Duke got a hold of it. You would think I would have learned my lesson after Duke ate our pumpkin bread off of the counter - but nope - I'm a slow learner. I didn't have to clean up any chocolate chips though because Duke ate them all. I called Brad right away to gripe and get sympathy and he was worried about Duke eating all of that chocolate. Whatever! If he dies - then at least he died eating chocolate, not the worst way to go, especially considering what I wanted to do to him right then.

Well, we got most of it cleaned up and saved the really bad stuff for Brad to clean up today since he didn't get home until 3:00 am. There is about a pound of sugar in Duke's cage right now...

I'm still waiting for Duke's sugar high to crash. He was so bad all night running around, barking, wanting in and out. It was kind of funny - okay - not it wasn't - I was tired and just wanted him to leave me alone.

So, if you want any cookies from me - feel free to come lick my kitchen floor because I'm not sure I'll ever get all of it up.

don't be jealous....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reason #438 not to have a dog!

But so funny, anyway! :)

Anonymous said...

funny, my dog doesnt do any of that!

don't be jealous:)

Texas Staples said...

You totally crack me up.